Monday, June 22, 2009

6.25.09

July seems to hold some pretty exciting things (MAC collection-wise), AHEM AND it's my 25th
birthday!! (July 16, ya know, for those wondering)

So I decided that it would be so stupid to basically rip off other people's information (even if I posted the source, it would be THE SAME information -- just unnecessary) by posting the typical "MAC Color Story" Information for each collection. So instead, I'll link you to the places where I get my information! But I'll outline the collection names and release dates of course :) Then at the bottom of this post, I'll work on my wish lists and initial thoughts about the individual collections. Sound good?? Awesome. :)
*You can also click the "Collections" link at the bar on top of my page for a big post that organizes the collections and my associated collection posts by month.


JULY '09:


Euristocrats2 (already released most places, so whatever)
7/09 Colour Craft
7/09 Graphic Gardens (Nordstrom)
7/09 Look in a Box (Nordstrom)
7/30 Baby Blooms



*****************************************************************************


Thoughts and wishes...



Euristocrats 2
One word..Dazzleglasses. That's my main excitement surrounding this collection. Usually collections centered around lip products really don't excite me much, but if dazzleglasses are involved, I'm there! I've yet to check this collection out in person, but I'm definitely planning a trip to MAC soon. OOO and Saint Germain is making a comeback! So if you missed out on that when it came out before, don't miss out on it this time! As far as products I'm eye-ing, it's mainly dazzleglasses, as you'd probably expect :)
Obviously, this may change when I see everything in person, but this is what I'm thinking...

My wishlist:

*Dazzleglasses:
Vie Veneto
Rue de Rouge
Euro Beat

*Costa Chic Lipstick (maybe)

(skipping the liners since they're all permanent)




Colour Craft

EEK! SOOO excited for this one! Mostly because of the MSF's and one brush in particular! I'm also THRILLED that the 226 brush is being repromoted with this one. I only got one when it was released with Brunette, Blonde, Redhead. I definitely could use a few extras :)

My wishlist:
*130 BRUSH!!! (maybe 2 or 3) This brush looks amazing...
*extra 226
*MSFs: (in a perfect world, I'd get all 6...we'll see what happens!)
Triple Fusion, Porcelain Pink -- those are the two shades that I think are most different from what I've already got and what will work with my skin, but I've really got to get my hands on the darker shades for my kit!
*Eye Shadow:
Assemblage, Girlish Romp, Natural Flare, Fashion Patch
*Lipstick:
Colour Crafted

Not sure about the blush...I'll have to see those in person!
About the lipgloss...not a fan of the "mixed up" colors...they look used :X




Graphic Gardens / Look in a Box (Nordstrom's exclusive collections)
For some reason, the Nordstrom collections never excite me much. These aren't really any different. The Graphic Gardens eye shadow palettes definitely look pretty, but I'll be surprised if I end up buying any of them. Nothing really different or exciting. However, if you are starting your collection and need brushes, eye shadows, or lip products, I would consider checking this stuff out! You can get so much more for your money by purchasing these special sets!
For now, planning on skipping both.



Baby Blooms

Ok, this is exciting to me! At first, I wasn't that into it, but after seeing more about the lip products, I'm SUPER excited!! I always get really excited about new foundation/skin products as well!

My wishlist:
*Studio Moisture Tint SPF15- Medium (not 100% about the shade, I'll have to test it in person)
*Sun Tints (lipgloss) SPF15- I WANT THEM ALL!! but to pick a few:
Just a Smidge, Moist Plum, Pink Tinge





Popular Posts