Wednesday, September 16, 2009


Sephora by OPI Domestic Goddess Matte on nails, Regular Domestic Goddess on tips


So we all know that Essie and recently China Glaze has come out with the wonderful matte topcoats that will pretty much transform any of your favorite nail polishes into matte shades. However, since Sephora by OPI's Domestic Goddess is my absolute favorite nail polish, my heart skipped a beat when I found out that Domestic Goddess was one of the 3 shades the brand had selected to feature in limited edition matte formulas. Since I of course have the original as well, I figured I'd change it up a little and use the regular Domestic Goddess (gloss) formula to make pretty glossy tips on top of the matte formula. I think adding the glossy tips is a good way to make all matte nails a little more interesting :) Of course, you can always use any clear topcoat to create a shiny tip to any matte manicure, however it won't be as intense as layering an actual color.
You can even try a more bold look by using a black glossy color like OPI's Black Onyx on the tips. Although, I personally like pairing black tips with a black matte polish :)


Sephora by OPI Domestic Goddess Matte on nails, OPI Black Onyx on tips


Popular Posts