Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ok guys... this post is going to serve more as an "accountability" thing for me more than anything. LET ME EXPLAIN... I'm all about immediate results, which where skincare is concerned, really isn't realistic. So by posting what I'm going to start using and promising a video review on my channel in a few weeks to update you all, I'm forced to stick with it. Good idea huh?
So, for 8 years I used Proactiv with great results, but about 6 months ago, I started noticing a change in my skin. I began getting some hormonal breakouts and it seemed that nothing was really working. Where I used to be able to apply all that harsh benzoyl peroxide to my face twice a day, it seems that now my skin doesn't really respond well to having it's top layer burned off you know? Dry, flaky, irritated skin over long periods of time=wrinkles=no fun. So I'm trying to take a more natural approach. Hmmm....I WONDER what brand I looked to for skin care?? :)

These are the products I got and how I plan to use them:

*LUSH products*
Coal Face cleanser
I'm going to use this twice a day. This cleanser has purifying ingredients which is great for acne-prone skin. It also contains exfoliating granules.



Tea Tree Water Toner
Again, I'm going to use this twice a day after cleansing. You can spray it directly on the face, or onto a cotton pad (which is what I'm going to do). Again, this has ingredients that are purifying and great for clogged pores and blemishes.



Vanishing Cream
(Moisturizer)
This moisturizer is great for people with oily and acne-prone skin. It's the lightest moisturizer LUSH has, however, makes skin feel really comfortable (I've tried this in a sample before). It feels really clean on the skin without the layer of "grossness" some moisturizers can leave behind.



Mask of Magnaminty
I'm going to use this 2-3 times a week as a mask. I decided to purchase this one rather than another one of my beloved fresh face masks by LUSH because this one is the most deep cleansing for breakout-prone skin and is great for clearing blackheads when used properly. Also, it lasts 4 months, so I got the smaller 4.4 oz. container.




THEN, because my skin reacts well to retinol treatments...

Philosopy "On a Clear Day" Retinol Clarifying Lotion
I'm going to use this at night (since retinol breaks down and loses effectiveness in sunlight). This particular lotion treats acne, congested pores, acne scarring/discoloration, and fine lines. This particular formula is great because it's gentle enough to even be used twice a day and contains super moisturizing hylauronic acid and soothing cucumber extract.


Alright, so now I have motivation to stick with this! Expect a review/update video in 2-3 weeks :)

To find these products and for more information, visit www.lush.com.



Popular Posts